We are glad to announce the release of our new update: VitalPBX 2.3.4. In this release, we are introducing several improvements and features to Queues, Multi-tenant, CDR, and Security. Also, we resolved some issues reported by the community, customers, and partners.
If you wish to read about the new features and add-ons introduced in previous updates, click here and learn about all the tools and upgrades we´ve added over time.
- Asterisk: We are introducing the latest available version of Asterisk (16.4.0).
- Sonata Switchboard: We are introducing the version 2.1.0 of Sonata Switchboard, which uses the latest API implementation from VitalPBX, and also comes with compatibility for Multi-tenant environments. You may update or install the Sonata Switchboard directly from Add-ons module on VitalPBX.
- API: Introducing our new API with online documentation available. The development of this API will be in several parts, so, we will introduce more features and actions soon. This API comes with a module to generate API Keys for third-party applications.
- Mark Cancelled Calls as Answered: This is a new parameter (especially used when a queue is using the “Ring All” strategy) to avoid missed call notifications on the phone (if it is supported by the device.) when a call is canceled because it was answered to someone else.
- Enable/Disable ICMP: With this new parameter, it is possible to disable the ping requests on the PBX server.
- Autofill: This parameter now comes enabled by default for new queues. With this parameter enabled, it makes sure that the waiting callers are connecting with available members in a parallel fashion until there are no more available members or no more waiting callers. This is probably more along the lines of how a queue should work, and in most cases, you will want to enable this behavior.
- CDR: The queues dial plan has been improved in order to avoid the generation of unnecessary or duplicated CDR entries.
- Tenants: This new field allows you to define to which tenants the user will have access
- Ring Groups
- CDR: The ring groups dial plan has been improved in order to avoid the generation of duplicated entries.
- Add-ons: Added backwards compatibility with the old licensing system.
- Import Extensions: The extensions importing were broken when the provided Class of Service in the CSV didn’t exist. The new behavior is to create a new CoS when the provided CoS doesn’t exist.
- Hunting Groups: The feature number (*08) to perform calls pickup was not generated.
- “Add/Remove Queue Agent” Feature: The prompts audios for this feature were wrong.
- Global Search: The global search was broken when users had access to the portal module but didn’t have an extension assigned.
- Certificates: The certificates folder and all the files generated inside had wrong permissions, this was avoiding the use Let’s encrypt certificates with Asterisk.
- Intrusion Detection (Fail2Ban):
- The configurations provided through the GUI was not applied due to a missed parameter.
- Now the provided IP Addresses/Hosts are escaped in order to avoid collapsing the fail2ban service and the VitalPBX’s GUI.
- System Miscellaneous: The labels used on buttons to confirm if the PBX will be restarted or turned off had been modified with something more logical according to the action.
- Fax: It was not possible to send received faxes by email
- User Profile: It was not possible that the users update their preferences from the user profile
- Backup & Restore: It was not possible to perform backups on certain environments due to permissions issues
- Extensions: After deleting an extension, the devices were not removed from asterisk configurations
- Trunks: It was not possible to handle multiple trunks from the same VoIP provider on Multi-tenant environment
- MultiTenant: The tenant limitations were not applied at all
Get to know about VitalPBX, our services and how we can help you achieve your goals in our official website